8,000 Reasons to Bee Mad @ the GOP
Dear UCubed Leader:
Ever since 2008, the Grand Old Party (GOP) has been on a rampage. Like a herd of rogue elephants, the GOP destroyed our homes and lives, wiped out our life savings, and then ambled away – scot free – with trillions in tax cuts, billions in bailouts and millions in bonuses.
Jobless Americans have 8,000 reasons to BEE MAD @ THE GOP.
- The GOP opposed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, voting 1,521 to 9 against creating jobs.
- The GOP cast 4,191 votes against the Commerce, Justice Appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2010 that dealt with unemployment insurance and COBRA.
- In April 2010, the GOP forced eight votes in the Senate to block a two-month extension of unemployment benefits and the COBRA subsidy and added 232 votes against the jobless.
- On the Tax Extender Act, the GOP cast 1,199 votes against helping the unemployed.
- Extension of the Bush tax cuts and 99 weeks of unemployment in December 2010, the GOP cast 209 votes against the compromise bill.
- Even on the Middle Class Tax Relief Act with its unemployment and payroll tax extensions, the GOP cast 255 votes against the unemployed.
On those six bills, GOP members in the House and Senate cast 7,755 votes AGAINST the jobless. They stomped on laid-off worker bees at every turn.
Isn’t it time to BEE MAD @ THE GOP?
Join the swarm!
In Unity — Strength,
Ur Union of Unemployed
P.S. Please SHARE and LIKE the micro-videos posted on the UCubed Facebook page. It will grow the swarm and add to the buzz.